Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Old Ladies

I went to my family doctor last week and as I came up the steps an older lady was coming off the elevator. I signed in and sat down and she did the same. I sat beside the TV and she and another older lady were sitting across from me. One lady started pointing at the TV and acting as though something was wrong. I asked if she was OK. Bush was having a press conference and she asked if I could turn it to something else. I told here there was a sign on the TV that said not to change the settings and the office ladies were gone right then. She said she despised bush and couldn’t stand to watch him. She said she and her husband had three TV’s in their home and when any of them had bush come on they would turn them off. She went on about what a liar and killer bush was and how she couldn’t understand why no one had tried to assassinate him. I said, “Wow, you know I don’t care for the guy but come on.” I don’t want him killed. Then the big lady next to her said she thought bush was the greatest president we have ever had and that he was a good Christian man. She said he is not liberal like most other presidents and he does what God wants him to do. She also said that America is blessed for having bush as president and that he could do no wrong because he was God’s man. The first lady said oh you’re just a blind republican and he is not a real Christian. He is an arrogant lying idiot. I thought the two ladies would get into it right there in the waiting room. The door opened and the nurse called me back. I weighed in and told her she might want to check on the ladies out in the waiting room because they were arguing. What is it about our president that makes him so polarizing even to senior citizens?

1 Comments:

Blogger Lexcen said...

Politics tends to do that to people.

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home