Monday, July 31, 2006

Obscene

I had a disgusting incident last week at Wal-Mart. As I was standing in the check out line with my wife and son I noticed a guy in the line next to me with a bright yellow T-shirt on that said in bold print, words I can not say in the newspaper. I followed him out and asked him, “Who he thought he was wearing that shirt in public.” I told him he had no right to wear such a thing where children and others could read it. He said he didn’t think it was any of my business and I told him I did think it was my business and that others shouldn’t be forced to see such obscene and vile words against their will. I yelled at him and told him, “I bet your kids and wife are really proud of you” as they all walked away to their car. I was so mad I called him a name and was ready to jump on him. It just hit me wrong. I spoke to a lady behind me and asked if she saw his shirt and she said she had and there was someone else in the store with something about as bad. I wonder what that guys kids are going to be like in ten years. You know, I ‘m no self-righteous prude and I’ve used these words before but I would never walk into a public place with them on my shirt. Kids can’t go to an R-rated movie that has these words and images so why should they have to be exposed to them at Wal-Mart? I can see the guy going to a strip bar or his local Confederate Flag Klan meeting with it on but not here. People who know me know I am a stanch believer in a person’s 1st Amendment right to free speech and separation of Church and State but this goes beyond that, and then it hit me. Well what do you expect stupid rednecks to do when they turn on TV and see their President and Vice-President saying the F-word and some others just as disgusting to the U.S. Congress and international politicians? Monkey see, monkey do.

1 Comments:

Blogger ButterSnatch said...

What did the shirt say? You can't leave me hanging like this. I have to assume it was the “F word”. Inappropriate, I agree. Not even in private or to a party. It’s just inappropriate. Bet he was a liberal. A conservative wouldn’t wear a shit like that! (Ha, ha… gotta get my jab in, as you get yours).

And for the record, our President and VP are human, and humans are fallible. Yes... I know they appear super-human in nature and defy the laws of physics and nature on a daily basis with there awesomeness, but when you get right down to brass tacks, they are people just like you and me. I dare say that you've dropped an F'bomb on occasion, and one of your children has inadvertently overheard you saying it. Same thing with the President and the VP... the media (children) overheard something that wasn't meant for their ears, and the liberals (you) jumped all over it as another excuse to bash the sh*t out of them.

They’re human, man… give them a break. I’ll say it again: I don’t agree with everything they’ve done while they’ve been in office, but an errant F’bomb is not a reason for you people to jump to and call for impeachment.

*When are you going to talk to me? I'm interested to hear what you have to say in rebuttal…

7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home